Sunglasses for fishing supply safety and better vision into the water. The eyes are bombarded with UV radiation. The light rays come from above and reflect off the water. Fishing with lures, sunglasses are required equipment. Polarized sunglasses reduce the UV dangers and allow you to view into the water.
The sunglass’s quality does matter. The better-rated sunglasses do cost more. But reduce the UV rays and glare more than low-cost models. That said, you do not need to spend over 200 hundred on designer sunglasses. A moderate-priced pair of glasses will do the job. Look at sunglasses as safety equipment for days out in the sun.
The Best Sunglasses for Fishing
The best sunglasses will have 100% protection from UV rays. Plus provide impact resistance and better vision into the water. These glasses block all types of UV radiation, there are several types. People spending long hours on the water need premium protection. The more time you do not protect your eyes, the higher the risk of vision damage.
The following sunglasses have wrap-around frames. The frames block light from the sides improving the performance. Glasses with open sides allow light to hit the eye, reducing the protection and vision of the user. A poor-fitting pair of sunglasses allow wind to be an issue also. Excessive wind may cause minor eye irritation. Avoid itchy irritated eyes by wearing wrap-around style of sunglasses
Costa Blackfin 580P Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing
Costa Blackfin sunglasses are a top performer in protection and vision enhancement. These glasses provide maximum protection from UV rays. Plus have several lens colors for specific conditions. On the water having blue or copper lenses are a benefit. These two colors improve contrast for better sight. Plus reduce glare better than other lens colors. Glare is a common issue on the water.
- Provides 100% polarization and UV protection, minimizing glare and visual fatigue
- Polycarbonate lenses are lightweight and impact-resistant
- Co-molded technology for maximum durability and comfort
- True 580 Technology blocks yellow and blue light while boosting red and green light
- TR-90 nylon frames
- Hydrolite provides comfort and grip at the temples
- Includes hard case and manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty
Oakley Gascan OO9014 Polarized Sunglasses
Gadson provides a sharp clear vision on the water. You can distinguish objects easily under the water. The protection from UV is above industry standards. The lenses are polycarbonate and have impact resistance. This makes the lenses harder to break. The black iridium or sapphire are the colors to choose from with the Gadson glasses for best vision.
- Polarized polycarbonate lenses reduce glare
- Plutonite lens material provides 100% UV filtering and unsurpassed impact resistance
- High Definition Optics provide superior optical clarity and razor-sharp vision at every angle
- Select styles feature Prizm lenses for ultra-precise color tuning in any environment
- Select styles are Standard Issue series for combat-ready performance
- Lightweight O-Matter frame material ensures comfort
Oakley Fuel Cell OO9096 Polarized Sunglasses
Prism comes at a slightly lower cost than the Gadson model. The glasses offer the same UV protection and vision in water. These are a bit lighter in weight and have different lens colors. Deep H2O Iridium Mirror and Prism Ruby are the better colors with this model of glasses. You will find the glasses have a very good peripheral vision for seeing more of what is around you.
- HDPolarized lenses
- Dual lens Polaric Ellipsoid geometry
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/B/C and harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Select styles feature Prizm lenses to control light transmission for precisely tuned colors and maximized contrast
- Dual-Peripheral Technology
- Durable, comfortable, lightweight, stress-resistant O-Matter frames
- Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Meets all ANSI Z87.1 optical precision and performance standards
Affordable Sunglasses for Fishing
The affordable sunglasses offer good protection. These glasses are good performing models. They give slightly lower impact protection and less ability to see into deeper water. The impact protection is at or above government standards for safety. Plus, if you fish stained water mostly, seeing in deeper water is unlikely. These are good alternatives to save money or when you do not need a higher quality.
The glasses at or below one hundred dollars lack the options of many lens colors. The lens color does make a difference in glare reduction and contrast. A poor-fitting pair of sunglasses allow wind to be an issue also. Excessive wind may cause minor eye irritation. Avoid itchy irritated eyes by wearing wrap-around style sunglasses.
Sunglass Hut HU2007 Sunglasses
The Hu2007 glasses are good for people with larger or oval faces. The large lenses allow a wide view. The wrap-around frames block the wind and sun from coming through the edges. A plus is the 3 lens colors, yet they are only adequate for looking in shallower water. You can see lures down to 4-5 feet.
- Lightweight, rectangular polycarbonate lenses
- Durable nylon frames
- Best fit: men or women with large oval or round faces
Oakley SI Double Edge OO9380
An affordable Oakley offering in sunglasses. The wrap around gives you more protection and field of view. The glasses do a good job of blocking glare and enhancing contrast. You can see well with these glasses. These glasses do lack color options coming in only one lens and frame color. They will get the job done so you can enjoy fishing.
- Part of the Standard Issue series for combat-ready performance
- Special member of the Uniform Collection to complement your uniform
- High Definition Optics meet standards for clarity and impact resistance
- Plutonite polycarbonate lenses filter 100% of all UVA/UVB/UVC and harmful blue light
- Prizm lenses for ultra-precise color tuning in any environment
- O Matter frames are lightweight and tough
- Unobtainium nose pads for a secure, comfortable fit
- Three-Point Fit holds lenses in precise alignment
- Includes microfiber cleaning bag and 2-year limited coverage warranty
Native Eyewear Sightcaster Polarized Sunglasses
A budget-priced offering in sunglasses. The Sightcaster glasses are designed to see fish in the water. The glasses wrap nicely around the face. Providing exceptional protection from the wind and light. The quality of protection is at the required minimum for days with lower UV exposure. A plus is the lens can be changed to other colors for different light conditions. You will need to buy the additional lenses.
- N3 polarized lens technology
- Superior contrast, infrared protection, and impact resistance
- UV protection
- Rhyno-Tuff Air Frames
- Cushinol nose pads and temple tips
- Mastoid Temple Grip
- Cam-Action Hinges
- Interchangeable lens system
- Includes case
- Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty
As an angler or water sports person, sunglasses are equipment to protect your eyes. A good pair of sunglasses is an investment in safety. Prolonged exposure to UV rays does damage the eyes. The sunglasses provide better vision also.
You can see into the water several feet or more depending on water clarity. This allows an angler to watch for fish following lures. This is critical for musky fishing. It is beneficial for other types of fishing also.
These sunglasses make an excellent gift for an angler. Show how much you care by providing good eye protection.